Monday, January 22, 2007

so, this is the new year

i've never kept a single new years resolution in my entire life.
I'm not quite sure why that is but I think it might have something to do with the fact that I've never really wanted to. Its never really been important enough for me to keep up with.

I guess it could also have something to do with the fact that I don't think I've ever made a serious resolution.

This past year, I've seen a lot of changes come about in my life. For the first time, I am completely seeing myself living on my own- free of school, financially independent, in my first real house (with roommates), with my first real out-of-college job.

Im still clueless about soo much. the present. my future. taxes. careers. goals. what to bring to a vegan potluck....? how people can afford cars and insurance in the city....?

I'm finding myself at the begining of a turning point.
(As I'm sure most people my age often do.)
I want to start recognizing my goals again. I want to start getting my life in shape. And while I'm not regretful for where I am now, i want to realize the fact that I can be doing better and i want to strive for greater. Happy- healthy-and more productive.

So, that brings us to this blog.
It seems now that I'm not in school I've become incredibly lazy. I don't really shoot pictures anymore; I'm not confident in my artwork. I'm no longer on deadline crunch.
But I need to get the creativity flowing again.
I don't want to let another month slip by without shooting a picture. I have a fabuous new camera, lens, and flash. I really have no excuse NOT to shoot.

I'd like to introduce you to New Years Resolution #1.
A Photo Blog.

So- while this really is more for me than you- I'd like to thank you all for stopping by.
I'll be (hopefully) updating this regularly with photos in effort to take creativity by the reigns.

No comments: