Friday, April 3, 2009

from the top ropes

so, i think i discovered a new passion.
photographing wrestling. seriously, this weekend was amazing and pretty
much all i did was crawl around on a dirty floor, in a warehouse, trying to
avoid having grown men dropped on me. and it was GREAT. I'm already
wondering how I am going to wait a whole month before the next one.
I'm really pleased with how the photos came out, and I'm excited to see
where I can take this project. While they don't exactly highlight the moves
going on...they are much more cinematic, and are more about the
environment and the event unfolding. I'm beginning to look at myself more
and more as a photojournalist, and I feel like this has helped me even more
to realize that capturing a moment really makes me happy.



















you should really check out a highlighted assortment of the rest of them here on my flickr.

3 comments:

Wings Of Grey said...

hey zia, these photos are amazing! more!

cake. said...

zia, these are seriously so great. i think i said this on your flickr before, but i looove the 5th one down.

bluebird said...

this is amazing.